This recipe calls for a coarsely mashed potato’s… Mixing up the texture not only tells people you know what you’re doing, but makes each bite unique and different. Cheddar cheese with the SASO Red Pepper Chipotle is a crowd favorite… no matter the dish. Enjoy!
- 3 tbs SASO Red Pepper Chipotle
- 2 ½ pounds Yukon gold potato.
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup sliced green onion
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbs unsalted butter
- Bring large saucepan to boil. Peel and coarsely chop potatoes. Add potatoes and boil for 15-18 minutes. Dice green onion.
- Once tender, strain potatoes. Warm saucepan to medium heat, add butter, and milk. Add potatoes to saucepan and mash (keep it coarse). Stir mixture for 2 minutes. Add SASO Red Pepper Chipotle, black pepper, salt, and half of the cheddar cheese. Stir constantly for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, top with remaining cheddar cheese, sour cream, and green onion.