The smokey flavor in our Saso Red Pepper Chipotle can be infused almost into any dish. So get creative with it. This recipe gets the job done. These stuffed peppers get a little messy when eating, but it’s all good, that’s part of the fun. Enjoy!
Serving size: 2 people
- 2 large anaheim peppers
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 husk of corn
- 1 medium white onion
- ¼ cojita cheese
- 3 tbs Saso Red Pepper Chipotle
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 tbs black pepper
- Soak corn with husk on in water for 30-45 minutes. Set oven broiler to high. Once heated, place corn 6-8 inches from broiler. Cook for 20-25 minutes, turn 3-4 times.
- Spice chicken breast with black pepper. Heat skillet to medium/high temperature. Once hot, add butter and spread around skillet. Add chicken breast. Sear each side for 5 minutes. After first flip, turn temperature to medium.
- Cut onion into ¼ inch rings. Then quarter the 1/4 rings. Set aside.
- When corn is finished, remove from broil. Keep broiler on. Cool corn, then peel the husk (watch out it may be hot!), and using a knife cut the kernels off the cob. Set aside.
- When chicken is cooked through, remove from skillet. Cool, then cut into ¼ inch x 3/4 inch pieces. Set aside
- Slice pepper in half from bottom to stem. Remove seeds. Remove stem, but keep inside of stem on pepper to keep filling together.
- In large mixing bowl, mix onion, chicken, and corn with 1 tbs of Saso Red Pepper Chipotle.
- Evenly spread ½ tbs of Saso Red Pepper Chipotle to the bottom of each halved pepper. Fill each pepper with the onion, chicken, and corn mix.
- Place stuffed peppers in oven 8-10 inches from broiler for 12-15 minutes.
- While peppers cook, crumble cojita cheese into small bowl.
- Remove stuffed peppers from oven and top with cojita cheese. Serve and enjoy!