Nothing is better in the morning than a poached egg oozing onto a luscious shredded hash brown. The Saso Red Pepper Chipotle adds the perfect amount of heat to the egg yolk, providing the amazing breakfast that will prepare your for that perfect morning meal.
Serving size: 4 plates
- 5 eggs
- 3 medium russet potato
- 1 red pepper
- 1 small red onion
- 1 green onion bunch
- 1/2 cup of Saso Red Pepper Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 1 tbs butter
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp salt
- Shred potato. Finely slice red onion and red pepper.
- Mix the shredded potato and finely sliced red onion and red pepper. Add one egg and ¼ cup of Saso Red Pepper Chipotle Pepper Sauce to the mixture and mix well.
- Form into 4 patties. Turn oven to 250 degrees.
- Heat pan over medium heat. Once heated, add 1 tbsp of butter.
- Sear patties for 5-7 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Remove from pan and place in the oven to warm. Repeat step 6 until all patties are cooked.
- In a 2 quart or bigger sauce pan, fill with water 1 inch from the top. Add white vinegar and 1 tsp salt. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Crack a cold large egg into small cup or bowl. Gently stir simmering water in one direction. Carefully drop egg into center of the whirlpool. Turn off heat and let the egg sit for 5 minutes. Don’t touch it… move the water…. or anything!
- While the egg cooks, place hashbrown on plate. Top hash brown with chipotle pepper sauce. Dice green onion.
- Remove the egg from water with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel. Repeat until you have 4 poached eggs. Place one poached egg on top of one hash brown. Top the egg with remaining salt and diced green onion.
- Serve and enjoy!