Hanger steak is always packed with flavor, one of our favorites. Marinating it in Saso Red Pepper Chipotle brings the meat to a whole different level, something Saso knows how to do. Try these simple tacos for any occasion…. solo or for a big crowd!
Serving size: 6 Tacos
- ¾ pound skirt steak
- ½ cup Saso Red Pepper Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 1 large leek
- 6 corn tortillas
- ½ lime
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 tbs black pepper
- 2 tsp sea salt
- Season steak with salt and pepper. Add ¼ cup of Saso Red Pepper Chipotle Pepper Sauce. Let it marinate in refrigerator for to 30-90 minutes (longer the better, up to 12 hours).
- Wash leeks. Slice in 1/4 inch wide slices. Slice fresh lime in half or two quarters.
- Heat skillet to medium/high heat, sear steak on each side for 5-6 minutes on each side. Once cooked to desired wellness, remove steak from skillet. Let steak rest for 5 minutes. Keep skillet hot on medium/hot heat.
- Add butter and sliced leeks to hot skillet. Sautee leeks and stir occasionally. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Once leeks have wilted, remove from stovetop.
- While leeks cook, slice steak against the grain in ¼ inch slices.
- Warm tortillas, evenly add remaining chipotle sauce to tortillas, then evenly distribute sliced steak between tortillas, and top evenly with sauteed leeks.
- Finish each taco with salt and pepper and juice of lime (to taste).
- Serve and enjoy!