This steak and cheese sandwich is among the best of the best. The soft bread embodies our Red Pepper Chipotle Pepper Sauce for an amazing bite, each time. Enjoy!
Serving size: 1 sandwich
- ⅓ pound skirt steak
- ½ cup Saso Red Pepper Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 1 small baguette (8 inch)
- 1 portobello mushroom head
- 1 large shallot
- 2 slices of muenster cheese
- 2 tbsp of goat cheese (optional)
- 1 tbsp of unsalted butter
- 1 tbs of black pepper
- 2 tsp of sea salt
- Season steak with salt and pepper. Add ¼ cup of Saso Red Pepper Chipotle Pepper Sauce. Let it marinate in refrigerator for to 30-90 minutes (longer the better, up to 12 hours).
- Slice shallots in ½ inch slices. Separate shallot rings. Thinly slice portobello head.
- Heat skillet to medium/high heat, sear steak on each side for 5-7 minutes on each side.
- After first flip of the steak, add the shallots and portobello mushroom to skillet for 3-5 minutes. Once softened, remove from stovetop.
- Turn oven broil on high. Slice baguette, butter inside of bread. Broil in oven until golden. Pull from oven and spread goat cheese and remaining chipotle pepper sauce onto bread. Turn oven to 450.
- Slice skirt steak against the grain in thin slices. Mix with sliced portobello mushrooms and two slices of muenster cheese. Place steak, mushroom, and cheese mixture over golden bread. Top with shallots and remaining two slices of cheese.
- Wrap with tinfoil and bake in oven for 8-10 minutes, until cheese is completely melted.
- Serve and enjoy!