These fish tacos have an unexpected ingredient list, but the flavors fuse like nothing you’ve had before combined with the Saso 3 Pepper Tomatillo Pepper Sauce. Buy the trout whole or portioned fillet, either works. In this recipe, the lime flavor is infused in the taco three different ways… Enjoy!
Serving size: 2 people
- 2 filet trout
- ½ cup Saso 3 Pepper Tomatillo Pepper Sauce
- ½ cup ricotta
- 2 flour tortillas
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 large lime
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp cooking oil (your preference)
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp ground sea salt
- Turn oven broiler on high. Season trout with olive oil, garlic powder, ½ tbsp black pepper, and ½ tbsp sea salt. Quarter lime, juice one quarter over trout. Once broiler is hot, place trout in the oven 5-7 inches from the broiler for 6-8 minutes. Once cooked, cool to room temperature. Remove skin and any remaining bones. Set aside and cover.
- Heat skillet to medium high heat. Slice eggplant into 8-10 slices. Once skillet is hot, add 1 tbsp cooking oil, sliced eggplant, remaining salt and pepper. Flip eggplant after 5-6 minutes, remove from skillet once both sides are browned. Place ontop of paper towel and cover.
- Keep skillet warm at medium. Brown the 4 tortillas.
- While tortillas warm, in a small mixing bowl, juice the remaining lime and add ricotta. Mix lime with ricotta.
- Once tortillas are warmed, evenly spread the lime ricotta on the tortilla, place 2 eggplant slices per taco, spread Saso 3 Pepper Tomatillo Pepper Sauce over eggplant, add trout, and shave lime skin over the taco. Enjoy!