Pancetta with brussels sprouts is a match made in heaven. Here at SASO, we are big fans of pretty much pancetta… anything, especially paired with our SASO Chile Pequin. Adding the toasted pumpkin seeds is a perfect fall touch to this recipe. Go big, and top the brussels with the SASO Pepper Chile Pequin to bring things to the next level. It’s that easy to be a great chef.
- 3 tbs SASO Pepper Chile Pequin
- 1 pound of brussels sprouts
- 6-8 oz thick pancetta (if you can’t get it thick, but thin sliced)
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Heat skillet to medium/high heat.
- Cut brussels sprouts into halves or quarters. Add brussels sprouts to skillet with chicken broth. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- While brussels are simmering, cube pancetta and bake in small baking dish for 5-8 minutes.
- Strain brussels sprouts from broth. Clean skillet and reheat to medium heat. Add brussels sprouts to pancetta in baking dish. Mix well. Bake for 6-8 minutes.
- Toast pumpkin seeds in skillet for 6-8 minutes. Add to brussels sprouts and pancetta mixture with 1 tbs Saso Pepper Chile Pequin Pepper Sauce.
- Bake for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from oven and top with remaining Chile Pequin Pepper Sauce.