Wondering why this isn’t a “fried green tomato” on the burger? Time to change things up. This is a quick brined green tomato, mainly so this recipe doesn’t turn into a week long event of pickling. Its worth a try – trust us. The crunch of the green tomato gives amazing texture while you enjoy the flavor of our 3-Pepper Tomatillo Pepper Sauce.
Serving size: 4 burgers
- 1.25 pounds of ground beef (85-90% lean)
- 4 burger buns
- 2 large green tomatoes
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 5 oz SaSo 3-Pepper Tomatillo Pepper Sauce
- 4 oz goat cheese spread
- 1 fresh garlic clove
- 2 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Horizontally thin slice green tomatoes into ¼ inch wide slices. In a bowl, add vinegar and sliced tomato. Let tomatoes sit in vinegar for 90 minutes or more (longer the better).
- In a small bowl, combine the SaSo 3 Pepper Tomatillo Pepper Sauce with ground beef and salt. Mix well and shape into 4 equal sized patties.
- Small dice garlic. In another small bowl, combine garlic and goat cheese. Mix well.
- Heat grill to medium high heat. Once hot, grill burgers 5-7 minutes on each side. Once cooked, remove from heat. (If you don’t have a grill, you can broil or pan sear for the same amount of time each side)
- Brown inside side of each burger half on the grill. Alternatively you can use the oven broiler. Once browned, remove from heat.
- Spread the garlic goat cheese sauce on the bottom half of each bun. Add the burger patty and top with 2-3 slices of the pickled green tomato. Season the tomatoes with onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, and dill.
- Add the top bun. Serve and enjoy!