- 4 full chicken breasts (boneless/skinless)
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1- 2 1/4 oz can black olives, sliced
- 8 flour tortillas (burrito size) – use GUERRERO brand if possible
- 3 to 4 limes
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 3- 10 ½ oz cans chicken broth – or one of the big cartons
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1-2 fresh jalapenos (more if you like ‘em hot)!
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup of SaSo Chile Pequin Pepper Sauce
Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Sauté in large skillet (use something big enough to hold all the chix broth after) in oil. Squeeze fresh lime juice over chicken periodically while cooking. When chicken is cooked, set aside to shred.
In same large skillet, add more oil if necessary, sauté onions, jalps, then garlic. Add chicken broth & chili powder let simmer about 10-15 minutes…enough time for flavors to develop. Let sauce cool enough to work with.
Shred chicken in a large bowl, combine shredded chicken, with 2 (of the 4) cups cheese and black olives.
Grease large baking dish (I use whatever size the biggest Pyrex is – it fits 8 perfectly). Coat each tortilla in sauce (by dipping in the broth mixture) Then fill center with chicken/cheese/olive mixture. Roll up and place in baking dish. Cover tortillas with remaining sauce and top with 2 cups of shredded cheese.
Bake at 350-375 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
Need I say…top with SaSo’s Chile Pequin Hot Sauce. I was hesitant to post this as the secret is now out…it’s about spreading the love though, right? You’re welcome.