Sweet, and sweet, and SASO infused. The SASO Strawbanero always pairs well with sweet food… so its obviously goes great with marshmallows and sweet potatoes. This is a dish to make, and a dish you’ll remember.
- 3 tbs SASO Strawbanero
- 2 ½ pounds sweet potato
- 1 cup large marshmallows
- 1 cup crushed walnuts
- 1 cup grape jelly
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbs unsalted butter
- Bring large saucepan to boil. Peel and coarsely chop sweet potatoes. Add to water and boil for 15-18 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix jelly and SASO Strawbanero. Slice marshmallows as thin as possible.
- Once tender, strain sweet potatoes. Warm saucepan to medium heat, add water, and butter. Stir. Add sweet potatoes to saucepan and mash (keep it coarse). Stir mixture for 2 minutes.
- Remove sweet potato mixture and place in casserole baking dish. Top with sliced marshmallows and jelly SASO mixture. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until marshmallows are brown and melted.
- Heat skillet to medium heat. Add crushed walnuts until toasted and brown. 8-10 minutes
- Remove sweet potatoes in oven and top with toasted walnuts. Serve and enjoy!