This is one of my all-time favorite soup recipes. It is quick to prepare and is guaranteed to please any crowd. This White Bean Chicken Chili is great for a stormy day, or in the heart of the summer. I like to top the soup with shredded Iceberg Lettuce, Cheddar Cheese, Tortilla Chips and more SaSo Three Pepper Tomatillo Hot Sauce. Enjoy!
- 3 lean Chicken Breasts
- 3 Tbls EVOO
- 1 medium White Onion, diced
- 2 tsp minced Garlic
- 1 Tbls Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper (add more if you like it spicy)
- 1/2 cup SaSo Three Pepper Tomatillo Hot Sauce
- 6 cups Vegetable or Chicken Broth
- 2 (15oz) cans of Cannelloni Beans or Great Northern Beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 (4 oz) can of diced Hatch Green Chilies
- 1 cup fresh Corn Kernels (either white or yellow works)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese to top
- Shredded Iceberg Lettuce to top
- Tortilla Chips
In a large bowl, boil the chicken breasts until tender and slightly under cooked. Once the chicken is done, dice it in small cubes. If you prefer, you can shred the chicken instead.
While chicken is cooking, heat the EVOO in a large pot and add the diced onion. Saute the onions on medium heat for a few minutes until golden in color. Add the garlic, cumin, cayenne and SaSo Three Pepper Tomatillo Hot Sauce to the pot. Stir until well combined. Add the chicken or vegetable broth and continue to stir. If you want to use the same water that the chicken was cooked in, add 1-2 bouillon cubes for a little extra flavor. Add the cannelloni or great northern beans and continue to stir. Add the corn, hatch chilies and shredded chicken. Stir to combine. Let the soup simmer for 15-20 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Top the soup with shredded lettuce, cheddar cheese, tortilla chips and more SaSo Three Pepper Tomatillo Hot Sauce.